It is Blackberry Season here on Sunnyside Lane Hobby Farm.
Did you know that just one cup of blackberries has only 62 calories, 15 carbs, 1 gram fat, 8 grams fiber, 1 gram sodium and 2 grams protein?
- Blackberries are listed in the top ten super foods that contain antioxidants.
- Blackberries are jammed with polyphenols which help in the fighting heart disease and cancer.
- Blackberries have anthocyanin. This is an antioxidant that causes the berries to have the deep rich purple coloring and it helps concerning memory retention and lowers the danger of hypertension.
- Did you know that Blackberries can strengthen the blood vessels? Thus, the blackberries are helping to fight heart disease.
- These powerful berries can also aid your eyesight.
- The tannin in the blackberries in high and can help in the tightening of tissues, give you relief from intestinal inflammation and even aid in the reduction of hemorrhoids and other stomach disorders.
- Some universities such as Ohio State University have discovered blackberries might protect against cancer of the esophagus which is caused by gastric reflux disease.
- Blackberries contain phytoestrogens which are plant estrogens. This has been shown to guard against many kinds of cancers, but is thought to take an active part in preventing cervical and breast cancer.
- You will find that Blackberries contain high levels of these vitamins: Vitamin A, C, K, E, fiber and Manganese.
- Blackberries’ content is high in fiber and reduces the threat of intestinal diseases and the chance of acquiring diabetes.
Kids and Adults love blackberries, making them an healthy easy food choice. These berries pack an energy punch to help you refuel after hard play or a workout. This makes Blackberries a great idea to help control weight. To find out how to get these tasty berries to your table visit the Pantry on Sunnyside Lane Hobby Farm.
Order yours today, by filling out this simple order form.